Ai Tuition values the privacy of individuals and are committed to safeguarding information it receives in connection with its diverse range of activities. To achieve this commitment to privacy, Ai Tuition will comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Commonwealth) and its amendments (the Act), and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) set out in that Act. You can see the full text of the APPs online at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-act/the-privacy-act. This policy outlines how Ai Tuition collects, uses and manages personal information about an individual from both internal and external sources.
1. What personal information is collected?
Ai Tuition only collects personal information that is reasonably necessary to conduct one or more functions or activities of our business. The purpose for collecting the personal information will be clearly articulated before, at or as soon as practicable after the collection. Generally, personal information will be used for dealing with your request, enquiry or employment.
We may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information:
- your name and contact details such as your physical address and email address;
- details of products and services you have purchased from us or which have enquired about, together with additional information;
- if you are a visitor to our premises, the time and date at which you visited our premises; and
- if you are prospective job applicant, information contained in your resume or that you submit as part of the job application process.
Personal information collected will differ depending on the purpose of collection. For example, a resume may be required when applying for a position; mailing address details for subscribing to company newsletters; emergency contact and tax file numbers for human resource management.
By sending emails, you will be providing us with certain personal information which may include your name and contact details. This information is collected by us for the purpose of dealing with your request. We may not be able to deal with your request without collecting this information from you.
When it is reasonable or practicable to do so, we will collect your personal information directly from you. For example, we may collect personal information from you in the following ways:
- when you provide us with personal information by telephone or email;
- when you access our website;
- when you complete a form; and
- during conversations between you and our representatives.
Ai Tuition also collects personal information from recruitment service providers in seeking out prospective job applicants.
2. How will Ai Tuition use and disclose personal information?
Ai Tuition will generally use, collect, hold or disclose personal information about you for the purpose it was collected, including the following:
- to provide you with products and services and to send communications requested by you;
- to display, update and maintain the content of our website;
- to tailor your experience of the website and our communications to you;
- to send information about future events, promotions, regular email communications or newsletters (both electronic and hardcopy) outlining news, services or events;
- to conduct business processing functions;
- for our internal administrative, marketing and planning requirements;
- to compile and report statistics; and
- for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you.
Personal information will only be disclosed to unrelated third parties, other than as described in this policy, with your consent or where required by law. We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related contractors or service providers for the purposes of operating of our business or website, fulfilling requests by you or to provide products and services to you;
- suppliers and third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; and
- other organisations for authorised purposes with your express consent.
Ai Tuition may use personal information for direct marketing or to advise an individual about new services and marketing initiatives that may be of interest to them.
These communications may be sent in various forms, such as mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable laws. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes. Any direct marketing material will include a notice allowing you to nominate if you do not wish to receive further direct marketing communications. You can also opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us as noted below.
3. Information collected via our website.
To ensure we are meeting the needs and requirements of our website users, and to develop our online services, we may collect aggregated information by using cookies. Cookies are unique identification numbers like tags that are placed on the browser of our website users. The cookies do not in themselves identify users personally, but are linked back to a database record about them.
- the address of a user’s server;
- a user’s top level domain (such as .com or .au);
- the date and time of a user’s visit;
- the pages a user accessed and downloaded;
- the search engine a user used;
- the type of browser that was used.
When a user visits our site a cookie may be placed on their machine. Where a user has visited us before, the cookie may be read each time they re-visit the site. We do not use this technology to access any other personal information of a user in our records and a user cannot be personally identified from a cookie.
4. How will Ai Tuition store and manage your data?
Ai Tuition cannot guarantee that the internet or emailing is a secure means of submitting personal information. From time to time, personal information may be held in the cloud. We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss, interference and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Ai Tuition will securely de-identify or dispose of personal information when we have no further need to use it, or when we are required by law to do so.
5. Email Security
In accordance with our email policy, any emails you send will be automatically scanned which may result in your email or attachments being blocked. IT administrators may have access to your emails to authorise the content for security purposes only and not thereafter.
6. How can I access and correct information?
You may request access to personal information that we hold about you. Ai Tuition will provide you with access to personal information in accordance with the Act and APPs. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information that we hold; for example, if it would interfere with the privacy of others or if would result in breach of confidentiality. If you are refused access to information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and inform you of any exceptions relied upon under the APPs.
Ai Tuition will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, please let us know and request us to amend it. We will consider you request, and if we are satisfied with your request we will take reasonable steps to correct the information. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendments, then we will follow the procedures set out in the APPs.
All requests for access to personal information must be made in writing to Ai Tuition. A reasonable fee may be charged by us for the cost of verifying the application and location, retrieving and copy
7. Changes to this Policy
We may update or change this policy. When we do so, we will publish the current policy on our website. Please check our website to review this policy regularly.
8. Contact, complaints and further information
If you have any questions in relation to the information handling procedures of Ai Tuition, any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy or the APPs by Ai Tuition please contact the Privacy Officer in writing at the following address.
10 Arlene Place
Plumpton NSW 2761
We may need you to provide more information about your concern. If your concern is bona-fide, we will investigate the issue and endeavour to provide you with a written response within 28 days of receipt of your written query. Sometimes we might not be able to provide you with a written response within the timeframe specified. If that is the case, we will contact you and explain the reason for the delay and give you a new timeframe for a written response. If you are not satisfied with our response, please notify the Privacy Officer in writing. We can escalate your matter and review the response that you were given. This may involve an escalation to the next level of management or referral to a member of our dispute resolution team. You may also direct your issue to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/privacy-complaints/
Last updated on 16 June 2019 | Author: Atiqul Islam | Version: V1.0
We are AiTuition
AiTuition is a tutoring service providing students Maths, English & Science tuition including subjects Chemistry, Biology & Physics among a range of other subjects. Our goal is to support students academically to excel in their school results. We services areas of Darwin, Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane.